Resources from the Pros
We’ve compiled a list of resources from the pros.
Check out these books, podcasts, trade publications and suggested sites if you’re looking for an in-depth glimpse at what it’s like to work in the creative industries.
- The Mailroom by David Rensin
- Power House: The Untold Story of Hollywood’s Creative Artists Agency by James Andrew Miller
- The Agency: William Morris & the Hidden History of Show Business by Frank Rose
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull
- Difficult Men: Behind the Scenes of a Creative Revolution: From The Sopranos and The Wire to Mad Men and Breaking Bad
- The Operator: David Geffen Builds, Buys, and Sells the New Hollywood by Tom King
- You’ll Never Eat Lunch in this Town Again by Julia Phillips
- When Hollywood Had a King: The Reign of Lew Wasserman by Connie Bruck
- Kid Stays in the Picture by Robert Evans
- When I Stop Talking You’ll Know I’m Dead by Jerry Weintraub
- The Hollywood Assistants Handbook by Peter Nowalk & Hillary Stamm