Duke Entertainment, Media & Arts Network
The DEMAN (Duke Entertainment, Media & Arts Network) community supports connections between alumni and students working in and/or interested in creative industries through mentoring, internships and job opportunities and events at Duke and in the regions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved. DEMAN is a collaboration of the Duke Alumni Association and Duke Arts.
About DEMAN Weekend
DEMAN Arts & Media Weekend is the annual signature event at Duke that brings together students and alumni interested in creative industries and features workshops, receptions, master classes, and more. Working in the creative industries? Want to attend DEMAN Weekend? Contact us to make sure you’re part of DEMAN!
DEMAN Weekend 2017 Recap
Over 850 alumni, students and faculty participated in the 8th annual DEMAN Weekend, the biggest one yet!
Here are a few highlights:
- Friday’s DEMAN Talks hosted by nine academic departments and programs featuring alumni speakers
- Over 350 students and alumni attended the keynote conversation and reception at the Nasher Museum with pop-up screen print, poetry and VR stations by local artists
- President Price and Vice Provost for the Arts Scott Lindroth hosted a special alumni breakfast, followed by a sneak peek tour of the Rubenstein Arts Center (with a surprise pop-up performance by Hoof ‘n’ Horn)
- Saturday’s DEMAN Lounge hosted one-on-one portfolio reviews with DEMAN alumni, as well as resume reviews by career counselors
- Saturday’s Industry Sessions featured over 80 alumni across creative industries
- Saturday’s wrap party at the Devil’s Krafthouse awarded the lucky winners of DEMAN Raffle items, including Beats headphones and tour of Paramount Studios
- DEMAN Downtown, hosted by Fuqua’s MES Club, gave graduate and professional students a special opportunity to connect with alumn i